Sunday, November 26, 2006

Alright let's get this thing started, shall we?

Like all the others, this will be a little forum for the things I make. Sometimes I'm quite productive and sometimes the rest of work and life gets in the way and things are slow-going, but since I'm on a little spree at the moment it seems like as good a time as any to throw up some work.

The first item ironically enough, is a sewn one. Ironic because I have only been sewing for about 3 weeks. But regardless, I present my second pillow.


The fabric is from Purl Patchwork. I used one of their charming little bundles plus a few others and some muslin for the back. I cut random strips that wound up being entirely too skinny (seam allowances... right...) and pieced them together on the machine. I learned to make the pillow from the glorious Liesl in her beginning sewing class. Hurray for new projects!

1 comment:

Liesl Gibson said...

I actually really like the tiny thin strips. But it must have taken forever! Nice fabric combinations, beautifully executed. Welcome to blogworld!