Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Not quite a Zimmermaniac

I have been working on this hat in the spirit of Zimmermania - the Fishtrap Aran hat from Knitter's Almanac. The yarn was purchased at Rhinebeck from Brooks Farm. It is Fourplay, a wool-silk blend. Yummy to knit, but I must say I am not digging the pattern (I know, I know, it is knitworld blasphemy to harsh on an EZ project). It is just a lot of stitch moving on every row and it makes my hands hurt. The good news? It's just a hat so if I got my arse in gear I could theoretically finish it in short order. Sadly, though, it's spent a lot of time languishing on the abandoned project shelf.


2 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks beautiful! Welcome to the world of blogging :-)

Sarah / Blue Garter said...

It *is* a lot of stitch moving - I'm about eight inches from the top of a husband-size Fishtrap sweater, with the sleeves still to knit, so I speak from intimate experience! I've gotten so many compliments on the beauty of the pattern, though. And my brother wears the "swatchcap" all over New York City, so I'm glad I persevered - I'm sure you will be, too!