Wednesday, January 03, 2007

One sock two sock

Pink sock... well alright there's no blue sock and now there is no pink sock either.

I've been reading all of these wonderful new year's resolutions around blogland and frankly, I don't really have any. Sure, there are the standard ones on my list, but just focusing on crafts... well I think I'm pretty happy with my crafting life, I just wish there was more time for it! However, one thing I could improve upon is ripping out what I don't like.

I made these socks last year. They are the Embossed Leaves from Interweave Knits Winter 2005. Love the pattern; do not love the socks. They are too big, the cast-on is like a tourniquet and since completion they have sat in a drawer. In fact, I didn't even weave in the ends on one of them. Koigu's too pretty to sit in a drawer (cue Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing: "Nobody puts baby in a corner").


And so, out came the socks. A little twist around my Niddy Noddy, a little soak, a little drip dry and soon this girl will have a fresh batch of Koigu. I'm thinking a pairing with a stashed ball of pale yellow for some endpaper mitts... or perhaps a matchup with the Velvet Leaf.








While we're on the subject of pink. Uterus #4 was gifted this weekend to Pending Mama C. I threw in some chocolate because really, what else does one need during pregnancy besides a womb and chocolate? (Not that I would know, but regardless.)

Perhaps some actual knitting photos tomorrow. Anemoi #1 is on a roll!

No comments: