Saturday, December 16, 2006

Back to Square One!

Finished object finished object! I finally got around to cutting and sewing the back for this little log cabin pillow. I love it! I was a little worried it wasn't going to be big enough to accomodate the 14" pillow form. Because of some, um, creative (?) measuring on my part, I basically had zero seam allowance. I thought the front was 15x15, allowing for a 1/2" allowance on all sides, so I cut my back appropropriately. Turns out the front was only a hair over 14x14. So I cut down the back. But when I sewed the two pieces of the back together it was suddenly smaller than the front. Grah!


At any rate, it went together nicely and the pillow snuggled right in. Per the usual, I have to get buttons, but hopefully I'll have time for a field trip from work at some point this week and I'll swing by the nearby button shop.


Don't the two look cute together on the couch?

Tomorrow: yet another finished object.

No comments: