Sunday, December 17, 2006

Shawl collar sweater - finished!

This item was actually finished two weeks ago but needed some quality time with the iron to get steamed into shape. I'm pretty happy with the finished product. In the interim assembly, before for the collar was attached, it seemed like it was going to be better fitting. Now it seems a little big - the sleeves are a little longer than I'd hoped and the shoulders drop off my shoulders. I might add a hook and eye closure to make it closer-fitting. However, it's cozy and simple and I think will be a good addition to my work wardrobe.

Pattern:
Shawl Collar Sweater from Jo Sharp Knit 1
Yarn: Jo Sharp Alpaca Kid Lustre in "brew", 11 balls
Modifications: Shortened sweater body to 21". Modified sleeves to taper from elbow to wrist.

No comments: