Sunday, January 28, 2007

In the Land of Stockinette

Knit. Knit. Knit. Knit. Knit.
Purl. Purl. Purl. Purl. Purl.

I do try to make only interesting things, but sometimes I strand myself in a land of stockinette. I've got nothing against stockinette. In fact, the reason I get stranded is that I love its simplicity, its smooth finish, the neat little V's... but a girl does begin to long for a cable, yarnover or twisted stitch every now and again. Alas, it's all knit for the moment. At least it goes quickly.

First up is the cashmere cowl. Here she is perched in the office window. This is my subway project and it's a perfect commuting endeavor. Heck, I don't even have to purl! I just knit around in circles while attempting not to doze off. The yarn is delightful and the cowl is growing at a respectable pace (it's actually grown since this shot). I think I'm about halfway done.

The next item is Arwen. She waits for me at home on the couch. I'm about 6" into the back and done with one ball of yarn (only 13 more to go! Gray yarn be gone!). At least Arwen includes the excitement of purling the wrong side - wahoo!

My secret white project is also stockinette. It's been occupying quite a bit of knitting time but unfortunately it's secret. Maybe it's not such a loss though - how much stockinette can a blog bear, and white stockinette is surely off the spectrum of boring!

Tomorrow: the fun little sewing projects I whipped up this weekend and a completely stockinette-free post.

1 comment:

Code Purl said...

Hi,
I saw your blog on the New York City Knitters ring and thought you might be interested in my knitting group The Upper East Side Knitters. Visit our website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UESKnitters/ to join. We meet Tuesday nights at the Starbuck on York Ave. and East 80th St from 7-9 pm.
Take care!
Jen