Friday, March 02, 2007

Praise be!

Well look what the cat (or mailman) dragged in! No, your eyes do not deceive you, it is my long lost pattern from Phildar. I placed my order on January 22, had much back and forth with Phildar regarding its whereabouts, got extremely cranky, they resent it on February 16 and it arrived yesterday. Based on the postmark, this is the second shipment. I was beginning to think it was never going to come and that I could not face another 12 rounds with Phildar (nor did I think they would believe me, and for good reason). In the meantime, I hope someone in the U.S. Postal Service is knitting themselves a lovely sweater.

The reason for all of this fuss is the Swing Jacket. I think it will be a good chance to both knit and try my hand at a little sewn garment construction by lining the jacket. Plus, it's extremely cute and currently in all of the shop windows. I'm sure I'll finish it just in time for it to go out of style.

And so, another project joins the to-do list!

3 comments:

Liesl Gibson said...

Oh, worth the wait! No question. And I want to see it in person when you're done. What a lovely pattern! Regarding the DS quilt pattern? Yeah. Ask me about Amy Butler patterns sometime. Or don't unless you have a LOT of time on your hands. But holler if I can help with the quilt, etc.!

Megan said...

What colors are you thinking about? I think the shape is pretty timeless and would look so chic in the fall with long elbow gloves AND that give you another project to knit :)

Anonymous said...

It's about time!

~that pattern is really cute and super classic